Yield: about 3 quarts of salad
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 each green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 each red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 each jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 each ribs of celery (about 1/2 c.) finely chopped
- 3 each hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 c. dill pickle relish
- 3/4 c. toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c. toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 c. prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- Boil the chicken until it is fully cooked and tender. Cool it and chop it into uniform chunks. Combine all the finely chopped vegetables and eggs with the chicken.
- Mix in the toasted pecans and half of the almonds.
- Add the seasonings, mustard and mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Salad can be garnished with the additional almonds and a whole jalapeno pepper, served with crackers or on your favorite bread as a fantastic sandwich!