Yield: about 3 quarts of salad
- 2/3 c. plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 to taste ground black pepper
- 1 c. wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 c. chicken meat, cooked and shredded
- 1 c. pecan nutmeat, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- Combine the yogurt, green onions, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the cooked rice, chicken, pecans and dried cranberries.
- Mix well and adjust seasoning if desired. Chill until ready to serve.