Yield: about 3 quarts of salad
- 1 head fennel (sweet anise), trimmed, tops saved, sliced very thin
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 c. sliced red peppers
- 1/2 c. sliced yellow peppers
- 1/4 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- to taste chopped greens from the fennel
- 1 bunches fresh chives, minced
- to taste salt
- to taste ground pepper
- 1 c. thick sliced smoked turkey breast, julienne
- Prepare the mushrooms and peppers and put in a bowl.
- Combine the lemon, oil, fennel, chives and seasoning just before you serve it.
- Pour over the prepared vegetables that have been washed, drained and chilled. Add the turkey and toss well.
- Serve with a smile and your favorite bread.