Yield: 3 cups
- 1 each 16 oz. can seasoned stewed tomatoes, preferably Mexican
- 1/4 c. red onion, peeled
- 2 each jalapeño peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 tsp. garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. red onion, small dice
- 1 each large ripe tomato (about 10 oz.), small dice
- 1 bunches cilantro or Italian parsley, cleaned and chopped fine
- Using a blender or immersion blender, finely chop the canned tomatoes, peeled onion, jalapeños, garlic, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish and stir in the diced onion, cilantro and diced fresh tomatoes.
- Serve well-chilled with your favorite Mexican dish or tortilla chips.