Yield: one cheesecake
- 1 c. chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 each egg white
- 16 oz. cottage cheese, fat free
- 8 oz. cream cheese, fat free
- 8 oz. sour cream, fat free
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 2 each egg whites
- 1 each whole egg
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. orange zest, grated
- 1 Tbsp. orage juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 300° F. With cooking spray, grease a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- In a small bowlcombine crumbs and egg white. With forkmix until blended. Press into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Leave oven on.
- In a food processor or blenderprocess cottage cheese until smooth. Add cream cheesesour creamsugarflouregg whiteswhole eggorange zestand orange juice. Process until smooth.
- Place 1/4 C. filling into a small bowl. Pour remaining filling over the crust.
- In a small bowlcombine cocoawaterremaining sugarand remaining orange juice. Mix until smooth. Stir into remaining filling. Pour several “puddles” of cocoa mixture onto the plain filling. Drag the pointed end of a skewer through the filling in a spiral motion to create a marbled effect.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hourin a water bathor until firm around the edges but still wobbly in the center. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake inside with the door closed for 30 minutes. Remove from ovencool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate in pan several hours until cold throughout. To serveremove sides of pan. Cut into 10 wedges.
- Bring some fresh squeezed orange juice to a boil and add a slurry of cornstarch and your favorite citrus liquor or water. Cool completelywill thicken as it cools.