Yield: 20 medium mushroom caps
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 lb. peeled shrimp, chopped into small pieces
- 4 each sun dried tomatoes, soak in hot water for about 30 minutes, finely chopped
- 1 each fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme (1/2 tsp. fresh leaves)
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 each large cloves of garlic (1 tbsp.)
- 20 each medium to large mushroom caps (about 1 lb.)
- Clean the mushroom caps by removing the stems, and wiping off the dirt with a wet towel. Do not submerge the mushrooms in water because they will get soggy.
- Combine the cheese, shrimp, tomatoes, chives, thyme, garlic and Tabasco completely in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a large spoon-full of cheese and shrimp stuffing. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a sheet tray or cookie sheet and broil them on the highest shelf of your oven broiler for about 5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown on top. The mushroom caps may look wrinkled, but they will taste divine!
- Serve on your favorite tray to your guests and enjoy!