Yield: two portions
- 1 each Danish cucumber, peeled, cut into thin, long strips like traditional tagliatelle pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, virgin
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 6 each jumbo shrimp or large prawns, raw, shell and sand vein removed
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, peeled, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh coriander, cilantro or parsley, trimmed into sprigs
- 1 each lemon, cut into thin slices
- Peel the cucumber and slice it on a mandolein or other gourmet food slicer or shredder so that the cucumber is in thin, long strips. Just before service, toss with the oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Sweat the jumbo shrimp with the butter and ginger over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the wine and chili sauce and swirl until the sauce is combined. Remove from heat.
- Plate the cucumber 'pasta' and place three warm shrimp on each one. Lay the lemon slices and coriander alternating around the plate and top with fresh ground pepper.
Tagliatelle pasta is long, wide pasta, and is available in specialty Italian fresh pasta shops.