Yield: six portions
- 3 c. blueberries, fresh
- 1 lb. green apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first five ingredients in large bowl; toss gently.
- Transfer to 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until fruit begins to soften and mixture bubbles slightly (approx. 45 minutes).
- For the topping, mix flour and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; rub with fingertips until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. Return to oven and bake until apples are tender, the fruit bubbles, and topping is crisp (approx. 35 minutes).
- Cool slightly and serve.