Yield: one quart
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 c. red sweet peppers, diced
- 1/2 c. yellow sweet peppers, diced
- 1 each roasted chicken, about 1 lb. raw, cooked, meat removed from bones and shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth, or water with chicken bouillon added
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. cooking sherry
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 c. frozen kernel corn
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- to taste hot sauce
- to taste salt
- as needed toasted flake coconut
- In a 4-qt. saucepot, sauté the onions and peppers in the olive oil until they are translucent. Add the chicken, jerk seasoning, broth, water, and sherry. Bring to a boil, add the corn, reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve the soup garnished with the coconut, your favorite bread and ice-cold beer.