The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) maintains confidentiality and affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.
Penn College informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. This Act, which the College intends to comply with fully, has been designated to protect the privacy of educational records.
The following is considered "Directory Information" at the College, and will be made available to the general public unless the student notifies the Registrar's Office in writing, stating that they wish for this information to be withheld:
- Address (local, home and electronic mail)
- Month and Day of birth
- Telephone number
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight/height (athletic teams)
- Date(s) of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, part-time)
- Class level (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduate)
- Date of graduation
- Degrees, honors and awards received
- Previously attended educational institutions